HI504 is a PID, PI, proportional or on/off pH/ORP controller with one or two set points. The measurement configuration settings and control of pH and ORP are saved separately and permits users to switch between pH and ORP without losing settings. The pH channel can be calibrated in 2 calibration points. The instrument has a full auto diagnostic procedure. Sensor Check™ is also available for pH and ORP probes.
The temperature is continuously monitored using a temperature sensor (Pt100 or Pt1000 type) with automatic temperature compensation of pH.
One or two analog controller outputs (0-20 or 4-20 mA) can be configured for pH/ORP recording or controlling (only for models with PID), and relays can be used to control the process or be connected with alarm status.
Controller status is visable with LED’s on the front panel and on the LCD display.
Fail Safe Alarm System
- Hanna’s exclusive Fail Safe Alarm System protects against problems caused by power supply failure or signal interruption, which are typical risks in industrial environments. An alarm condition is indicated by a red LED, located directly on the front panel of the controller.
Programmable Cleaning Cycles
- Heavy-duty applications often require almost continuous probe maintenance. Elements such as suspended solids, fat, oils, pigments and microorganisms can quickly deposit and soil the glass bulb of a pH probe, the sensor of an ORP probe or the reference junction. Programmable cleaning cycles allow for scheduled maintanence to keep the probe functioning optimally.
Analog Output: Data Logging or PID Dosage Control
- Models are available with one or two analog outputs. These outputs can be connected to a recorder for the catalogging of process data (pH/mV and temperature), or can be used for controlling dosing systems (pumps or electrovalves) using PID control.
Sensor Check™ pH/ORP
- Sensor Check™ performs self-diagnostic and troubleshooting functions by continuously verifying the electrode status based on impedance movement of the glass and reference measurement.
Programmable Hold System
- The hold function allows the user to stop the regulating action of the controller for programmable time periods. It is possible to activate the hold periods in correspondence to programmed operations, such as plant maintenance and cleaning procedures.
- The controller logging feature can save up to 6000 samples pH/Check°C or ORP and last 100 error, con guration, calibration and cleaning events. This information is accessible from a PC through RS485 and HI92500 software.
pH Range -2.00 to 16.00 pH pH Resolution 0.01 pH pH Accuracy ±0.02 pH pH Calibration automatic, one, two or three point, at pH 4.01, 7.01, 10.01 Temperature Compensation automatic (with Pt100 probe) or manual from -9.9 to 120°C ORP Range -2000 to 2000 mV ORP Resolution 1 mV ORP Accuracy ±2 mV Temperature Range -30 to 130.0°C Temperature Resolution 0.1°C (above -10 °C); 1°C (below -10°C) Temperature Accuracy ±0.5°C (-9.9 to 130.0°C); ±1°C (-30 to -10°C) Alarm Relay Set Point electromechanical relay SPDT contact output, 5A - 250 VAC, 5A - 30 VDC (resistive load) fuse protected: 5A, 250V quick blow fuse Analog Ouput Signal two independent outputs, 0 - 22 mA (configuring as 0-20 mA or 4-20 mA) Analog Ouput Resolution 0.1% f.s. Analog Ouput Accuracy ± 2% f.s. Digital Input Signal RS485; two digital insulated inputs: one for hold and one for the advanced cleaning; ON state: 5 to 24 VDC Digital Output Signal a digital insulated contact closed upon hold mode Power Consumption 10 VA Over Current Protection 400 mA 250V quick blow fuse Max. Oscillation Frequency 8 MHz Temperature Probe HI7610 Stainless steel Pt100 probe with front and back 1/2” NPT thread and 5 m (16.4’) cable Logging Memory 6000 pH/°C or ORP samples Power Supply 24 VDC/AC, 115 VAC ±10%, 230 VAC ±10% or 100 VAC ±10%; 50/60 Hz Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 85% non-condensing IP Rating IP20 (housing); IP54 (front panel) Weight 1.6 Ordering Information Each HI504 model is supplied complete with mounting brackets and instructions. HI504112-1 pH/ORP controller, 1 SP, on/off, 1 an-out, RS485 (115 VAC) HI504214-1 pH/ORP controller, 2 SP, on/off, 2 an-out (115 VAC) HI504222-1 pH/ORP controller, 2 SP, on/off, 1 an-out, RS485 (115 VAC), & PID HI504224-0 dual setpoint, on/off and PID control, dual analog output, 24VDC/AC HI504224-1 dual setpoint, on/off and PID control, dual analog output, 115V HI504924-1 dual setpoint, advanced cleaning, on/off and PID control, dual analog output, 115V