The HALO® Wireless Soil pH Meter incorporates Bluetooth® Smart technology with an application-specific design. There are several features that make it ideal for measuring the pH of soil.
Low Temperature Glass Formulation
Low Temperature (LT) glass Low temperature glass for fast stabilization and more accurate results at lower temperatures.
Triple Ceramic Junction
The triple ceramic junction allows a higher flow rate of electrolyte from the reference cell into the measurement sample. The increased flow provides greater continuity between the reference electrode and the indicating electrode.
Conical Glass Tip
The conical shaped tip design allows for penetration into solids, semi-solids, and emulsions. The HI12922 is ideal for the direct measurement of pH in soil and soil slurries.
Display of soil pH and temperature updated every second. Readings are automatically saved to a history file every hour, limited only by the available memory on the device.
Fluid, Dynamic Graphing
Measurements can be displayed alone on the display, with tabulated data, or as a graph. The graph can be panned and zoomed with pinch-to-zoom technology for enhanced viewing.
GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Displays date and time of current calibration, offset, and average slope, along with calibrated buffers, mV values, temperature and slopes between each buffer.
Calibration Reminder & Measurement Alarms
The Hanna Lab App alerts you when HALO needs calibration or if a measurement threshold is exceeded.
Log & Share Data
Saved log files may be annotated with measurement-specific information. Data is easily shared via email in CSV format.
Help & Tutorials
Demo mode helps you explore features of the Hanna Lab App. General app information, HALO information, pH tutorial, maintenance tutorial, and contact information are available in help.
Connects to Hanna Lab App with a compatible Apple or Android Device via Bluetooth Smart Technology (Bluetooth 4.0)
Up to five-point pH calibration with seven standard pH buffers available
- Alerts you when HALO pH meter for beer needs calibration
- Appropriate preprogrammed calibration buffer set for application specific Halo pH electrodes
- Displays pH and temperature updated every second
- Displays date and time of current calibration along with offset and average slope
- Displays date and time of current calibration, offset and average slope along with calibrated buffers, mV values, temperature and slopes between each buffer
- Measurement can be displayed with tabulated data or as a graph. The graph axes may be expanded using pinch-to-zoom technology for enhanced viewing
One button sample tagging
- Alerts you if the measurement threshold is exceeded
- Pressing either the icon in the Hanna Lab App or button on the HALO will tag sample data for easy reference
- Saved log files may be annotated with measurement specific information
- Data is autosaved every hour
- All data since last autosave
- Annotations only
- All data within a timed interval
- Annotations only within a timed interval
Help and tutorials:
- Demo mode to help explore features of the Hanna Lab App
- General app information
- General HALO information
- pH tutorial
- Maintenance tutorial
- Contact information
Reference Cell Type double, Ag/AgCl Junction Type/Flow Rate ceramic, triple Type of Electrolyte 3.5M KCl Body Material glass Glass Type Low Temperature (LT) Tip / Shape conic (12 x 12 mm) Optimum pH Range 0 to 12 pH Temperature Operating Range -5 to 70°C (23 to 158°F) Body Length/Overall Length 120 mm / 195 mm Temperature Sensor built-in Connector Type Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth 4.0), 10 m (33') range Battery Type/Life CR2032 3V lithium ion / approximately 500 hours Amplifier yes Recommended Use Soil Range -2.000 to 16.000 pH
-20.0 to 120.0 ºC *(will be reduced to actual probe/sensor limits)
Resolution 0.1, 0.01, 0.001 pH
1, 0.1 mV
Accuracy (@25ºC/77ºF) ±0.005 pH
Calibration Points up to five points with seven standard buffers Calibration Buffers 1.68, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01, 12.45 pH Temperature Compensation automatic from -5.0 to 100.0 ºC / 23.0 to 212.0 ºF *(will be reduced to actual probe/sensor limits) Compatibility/System Requirements Android: Compatible with most devices equipped with Bluetooth Smart Technology (Bluetooth 4.0) and running Android 4.3 or later. iOS: Compatible with iPad (3rd generation or newer), iPhone (4S or newer), iPod Touch (5th generation or newer) Download Information Hanna Lab App is available free from the Play Store or App Store Ordering Information HI12922 (HALO) is supplied with auger, storage solution, cleaning solution, pH 7.01 buffer solution, pH 4.01 buffer solution, fill solution, battery, quality certificate, and instruction sheet. Smartphone and tablet not included.