HI 8410 is a panel-mounted DO controller designed for simplicity of use in a wide range of industrial process applications. Dissolved Oxygen is indicated in mg/L (ppm) or in % of saturation in accordance with the selection switch on the back panel. The temperature can be measured in the range from -5 to 50 °C. The Dissolved Oxygen readings are automatically compensated for the temperature effects on the oxygen solubility and membrane permeability. Moreover, the salinity compensation feature allows the determination of Dissolved Oxygen even in salty waters.
The instruments are designed with a standard DIN panel mount with membrane keypads and large LCD with backlight on the front, and provide a series of auto-diagnostic functions. Probes, power supply, contacts and recorders are connected on the rear panel through screw terminals.
The DO probe is provided with a membrane covering the galvanic sensor and a built-in thermistor for temperature measurement and compensation.
The Oxygen that passes through the membrane causes an electric current flow, from which the oxygen concentration is determined. Other features include: recorder output in 0-20 mA or 4-20 mA configuration; LED indicators which identify whether the controller is in operation mode or setup selection mode; overtime control function; hysteresis setting. The instrument is supplied with a plastic front cover and two mounting brackets. Power cables are not included.
Fail Safe Alarm System
- Hanna’s exclusive Fail Safe Alarm System protects against problems caused by power supply failure or signal interruption, which are typical risks in industrial environments. An alarm condition is indicated by a red LED, located directly on the front panel of the controller.
Automatic Temperature Compensation
- The Dissolved Oxygen readings are automatically compensated for the temperature effects on the oxygen solubility and membrane permeability
- The salinity compensation feature allows the determination of Dissolved Oxygen even in salty waters.
Simple to Use
- The instruments are designed with a standard DIN panel mount with membrane keypads and large LCD with backlight on the front, and provide a series of auto-diagnostic functions.
- To enhance troubleshooting and the ability to record data while monitoring, simply attach a recording device to the instrument’s 4 to 20 mA output contacts, conveniently located on the front panel, to obtain a copy of the results on demand.
- The HI 8410 controllers are designed with built-in diagnostic functions to enable the user to check and troubleshoot the instrument. The checks performed are through the front panel keys and can be used to isolate the cause of malfunction.
Oxygen, Dissolved Measurement Type galvanic: HI76410/4 with 4 m (13.1’) cable or HI76410/10 with 10 m (32.8’) cable (not included) Oxygen, Dissolved Range 0.0 to 50.0 mg/L (ppm) O₂; 0 to 600 % O Oxygen, Dissolved Resolution 0.1 mg/L (ppm) or 1% (O₂) Oxygen, Dissolved Accuracy ±1% of reading (O₂) Oxygen, Dissolved Calibration Manual, one point, in saturated air Oxygen, Dissolved Temperature Compensation Automatic, from -5 to 50 °C (23 to 122 °F) Salinity Compensation 0 to 51 g/L (resolution 1 g/L) Oxygen, Dissolved Dosing Relay 1, isolated, 2A, max. 240V, resistive load, 1,000,000 strokes Oxygen, Dissolved Dosing Set Point 5 to 600 % O2 0.5 to 50.0 mg/L (ppm) O2 Oxygen, Dissolved Hysteresis Band 0.5 to 2.4 mg/L (ppm) O2 Alarm Relay Range 1.0 to 5.0 mg/L (ppm) O₂ Dosing Control OFF/AUTO/ON with selection switch Over Dosing Control Adjustable, from 5 min to 60 min with knob or Disable by wire strap - on real panel Backlight Continuous ON Enclosure Black anodized aluminum body; front and back with ABS; transparent splash-proof front cover Panel Cutout 141 x 69 mm (5.6 x 2.7'') DO Probe HI 76410/4 with 4 m cable or HI 76410/10 with 10 m cable Analog Output 0 to 20 mA or 4 to 20 mA (isolated) Power Supply 115 or 230 Vac; ± 10% (user selectable); 60/50 Hz Environment -10 to 50 °C (14 to 122 °F); RH 95% Weight 1 kg (2.2 lb.) Ordering Information The HI8410 is supplied with mounting brackets and instructions. Probes (not included): HI76410/4: Galvanic DO probe (fixed) with internal temperature sensor, DIN connector and 4 m (13.1’) cable HI76410/10: Galvanic DO probe (fixed) with internal temperature sensor, DIN connector and 10 m (32.8’) cable