HI4012-00 is an ionic strength adjuster (ISA) solution for use with lead/sulfate ion selective electrodes (ISEs). Hanna ISA solutions are formulated to fix the ionic strength of a sample and standards so that they are both constant. Without addition of ISA, an ion selective electrode would measure ion activity; addition of ISA stabilizes the ionic strength and permits measurements as ion concentration. With some ISEs, the ISA solution is also used to adjust the solution’s pH or to remove any potential interferences from competing ions that are present.
Air tight bottle with tamper-proof seal
Ensures quality and freshness of solution
Each bottle marked with lot number and expiration date
- Hanna ISE standard solutions are specially formulated to have an expiration of 5 years from manufacture for an unopened bottle
Importance of ISA*
* If an ISA solution is used with a sample, then it must be used with the calibration standards in equal proportions.
- Fixes a solution’s ion activity to be constant so concentration can be determined
- Adjusts the pH of a solution required for some ISEs
- Complexes interfering ions in a sample to allow measurement of free ions of interest
Certificate of Analysis No Package bottles Quantity 1 Size 500 mL